Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Furniture

       A piece of furniture that has meaning to me would have to be a recliner chair that is in my moms house back in California. When my grandma passed away from breast cancer we took that chair from her place. This chair has meaning to me because when I was younger I used to stay the night at my grandma's house often because my mom worked nights. I remember every morning I use to wake up and my grandma use to always be sitting in that chair drinking her morning coffee, well I would always come up behind the chair and scare her. When I was little I really believed I was scaring her but as I grew up and got older I started to realize that since it was an everyday thing she probably wasn't really scared. She probably was just pretending to be scared because she knew it was something I enjoyed. So when my grandma passed away from breast cancer when i was around five or six years old, my mom and aunt had to go through the house and clean it out. Well my mom asked me what I wanted to take to remember grandma and I said I wanted that chair and an angel music box. So ever since I was five or six I grew up with that chair in my home back in California. It brought me a sense of comfort, as if she was still there. She was basically like a second mother to me, I was very close to her so I was very happy when my mom said we could bring the chair home.

No comments:

Post a Comment