Wednesday, September 18, 2013

This I Believe

        This I believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. I believe this because it was the way my mother raised me. Growing up she would always tell me don't say you cant, you can always do anything you set your mind to. So as i was growing up and hearing that very often and all the time it started to become a way of life for me. I started to stop saying i cant and start getting into the mind set i can. My example i have to back this up would be how i moved here at such a young age and from about five states away or so. Around my junior year of high school i knew i was going to move out of the state but i didn't know where until the end of my junior year when i decided i was moving here. A lot of the students in my graduating class were way to scared to leave home and be so young out in the world on there own. I on the other hand had the mind set that i could do it no matter how difficult it would be for me. So sure enough when it came down to it and i graduated and it was time for me to get in the car and drive here i did. Yes i was scared and nervous but because my mom always put it in my head that i could do anything i set my mind to i knew i could do it with no problem. Now here i am about three months later and i have had no problems with it. My life has actually turned out way better than i though it was going to and everything has fell into place perfectly. But to think if my mom had never installed the "You can do anything you set your mind to" mind set into me then who knows where id be today. I would probably still be stuck at home like all the seniors i graduated with scared to try things on my own because i would be to scared to fail. I am living proof that you really can do anything as long as you set your mind to it and you follow through. Even if you do fail at it that does not mean it is the end of the world, you just look around and try to find a new approach to obtain that specific goal you set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment